- This Annex provides a set of facilities relevant to Information Systems
programming. These fall into several categories:
- an attribute definition clause specifying Machine_Radix for a
- the package Decimal, which declares a set of constants defining
the implementation's capacity for decimal types, and a generic
procedure for decimal division; and
- the child packages Text_IO.Editing and Wide_Text_IO.Editing,
which support formatted and localized output of decimal data,
based on ``picture String'' values.
- See also: 3.5.9, ``Fixed Point Types''; 3.5.10, ``Operations of Fixed
Point Types''; 4.6, ``Type Conversions''; 13.3, ``Representation Attributes''; A.10.9, ``Input-Output for Real Types''; B.4, ``Interfacing with
COBOL''; B.3, ``Interfacing with C''; Annex G, ``Numerics''.
- The character and string handling packages in Annex A, ``Predefined
Language Environment'' are also relevant for Information Systems.
- If COBOL (respectively, C) is widely supported in the target environment,
implementations supporting the Information Systems Annex should provide the
child package Interfaces.COBOL (respectively, Interfaces.C) specified in
Annex B and should support a convention_identifier of COBOL (respectively, C)
in the interfacing pragmas (see Annex B), thus allowing Ada programs to
interface with programs written in that language.
Clauses and Subclauses
- Machine_Radix Attribute Definition Clause
- The Package Decimal
- Edited Output for Decimal Types -- TOC
- Picture String Formation
- Edited Output Generation
- The Package Text_IO.Editing
- The Package Wide_Text_IO.Editing
-- Email comments, additions, corrections, gripes, kudos, etc. to:
Page last generated: 95-03-12